Learn what it means to research procurements. Also, find out how you can develop your procurement management plan and other key ways you can use your research to make better decisions.
- I have a question for you, … are you the kind of person who likes to jump straight in … and buy what you need, … without doing any research? … If so, you've got to fight that urge, … especially when it comes to procurement management. … Think about it like this, … would you buy a house without researching it first? … I'm guessing your answer is no, and why? … Well a home is one of the most expensive things … you'll every buy. … So if you'd spend time extensively researching a house … before you bought it, … it only makes sense for you to do some research … before you put a large contract out for bid. … It's time to get back to the basics. … What exactly does it mean to research procurements? … Well all procurements begin by identifying needs, … and doing analysis to determine critical requirements, … those functions that must be met … by the items that are bought. … You'll need to wrap your head around things … like your organization's objectives, … priorities, and constraints. … Once you're clear on these, …
- Describe the procurement manager’s role in the procurement process.
- Explore the essentials of good communication with vendors.
- Examine the steps in a contract change control system.
- Identify risks that might arise in a project.
- Define the purpose of a closeout meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Integrationwith Oliver Yarbrough44m 25s Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore2h 7m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
What to know before watching1m 27s
1. Procurement Management Overview
2. Common Procurement Pitfalls
3. Critical Procurement Success Factors
4. Procurement Management Processes
5. How to Implement Procurements
6. Emerging Trends: Project Procurement Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.