Discover why procurements are negotiated, how to negotiate them, and what trade-offs you should consider making. Also, find out how to match the vendor’s results with your expectations.
- Have you ever negotiated something? … Of course you have, I mean, … who hasn't negotiated in their personal life? … Whether it's that shiny new car at the dealership … that has your name written all over it, … or what you'll have for dinner this evening … with your significant other, let's face it, … negotiation is simply a way of life. … And it's really no different in procurement management. … It's just that you'll be negotiating … something a little more important … than what you'll have for dinner. … When it comes to procurements, … almost anything can be negotiated. … I'm talking about everything from the usual suspects, … like pricing and delivering dates, … to things such as quality metrics and warranties. … All of this should be outlined in the RFP. … But that doesn't mean your vendors, or even you, … won't want to modify them once you decide to work together. … Some of the factors that could cause this to happen include: … the perceived value of the vendor, … complexity of requirements and scope, …
- Describe the procurement manager’s role in the procurement process.
- Explore the essentials of good communication with vendors.
- Examine the steps in a contract change control system.
- Identify risks that might arise in a project.
- Define the purpose of a closeout meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Integrationwith Oliver Yarbrough44m 25s Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore2h 7m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
What to know before watching1m 27s
1. Procurement Management Overview
2. Common Procurement Pitfalls
3. Critical Procurement Success Factors
4. Procurement Management Processes
5. How to Implement Procurements
6. Emerging Trends: Project Procurement Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.