Learn how to set the process to evaluate the performance of temporary employees or contractors from hiring managers, and make revisions based on feedback, to improve integration.
- The dreaded performance review.…Nobody likes them, but they are important especially…for contingent employees.…So let's see if we can separate the word dreaded…from performance reviews by looking…at the process a bit differently.…Why do we think of employee performance reviews…as being only about the employee?…When you employ temporary employees or contractors,…your hiring authority should review their performance, sure.…
But don't both the employee…and the supervisor want the best possible performance?…If an employee isn't performing well,…it could be they lack the proper tools or training,…or maybe your contingent workers don't feel appreciated…and as a result, are not as productive as they might be.…Consider reviewing the employee and their supervisor.…When you review temporary workers and contractors,…make sure they're being given feedback on a regular basis.…
Their supervisor should encourage them…and suggest corrections early and often.…Your temps and contractors will perform better…when they're given specific constructive…
- Identify the best ways to explain the standards of work performance required to temporary workers and third-party employees.
- Explore the essential components for interviewing candidates for temporary and contract position.
- Examine the fundamentals of verifying the skills and credentials of temporary and contract employees.
- Determine the process that will be utilized to evaluate temporary and contract employees.
- Recognize the fundamentals of optimizing a company’s strategic hiring process.