Learn three ways to protect your privacy in the new work-from-home environment.
- For many of us, COVID has brought the opportunity … to work from home. … And while that has allowed us the benefit … of taking work meetings in our pajama bottoms, … it has also raised some serious challenges. … One of those challenges is the impact … of bringing our public work lives … into our private home lives. … Beyond just the risk of having your children … or a roommate walk by the screen … and do something crazy while you're on with your boss, … there is the very real possibility … of your employer monitoring you. … Some of the ways employers can do this … is by keeping track of what you type, … recording your internet activity, … taking screenshots of you during a conference call, … using your device's webcam to determine … when you've stepped away from your computer, … tracking you when you access files, … monitoring your physical location using GPS, … even measuring your productivity, … such as noting a computer's idle time … or how long an app or piece of software remains open. …
- Describe the risks of impaired privacy.
- Explain how technology can be used to track location and proximity.
- Describe precautions you should use when working from home.
- Explain precautions you should take before allowing your child to use devices with internet connectivity.