Explore the privacy challenges raised by the global pandemic of COVID-19, as well as the steps you can take as an individual, manager, and parent to protect privacy.
- Hi, name is Kalinda Raina, and I'm the vice president of Global Privacy at LinkedIn. I've been working in the field of privacy for over 19 years and have always believed that privacy is an important right that we all have a duty to protect, especially in this highly connected, data-driven world. Today, governments, corporations, and nonprofit organizations are using common technologies, such as security cameras, our phones, even GPS devices, to track the virus and the people who carry it. And while this tracking can be useful to protect against the spread of COVID, it also has the potential to be used in ways that violate our right to keep data about our location, our health, and even our behaviors private. By watching this course, you'll learn how to make decisions about your data privacy related to contact tracing apps, your privacy rights as an employee, and how to balance employee health concerns with employee privacy rights. And finally, for those of you who are parents like me, I'll provide a few tips for managing children's privacy during COVID. So please, join me in this course as we navigate the complexities of preserving privacy in the midst of a global health pandemic and beyond.
- Describe the risks of impaired privacy.
- Explain how technology can be used to track location and proximity.
- Describe precautions you should use when working from home.
- Explain precautions you should take before allowing your child to use devices with internet connectivity.