Join Scott Shute for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparation for body scan, part of Mindful Meditations for Work and Life.
- [Instructor] In the following practice, we're going to incorporate our bodies into the meditation. We'll take turns focusing on different parts of ourselves, both physically and the related inner characteristics for each area. We can use this technique when we want to have a deeper understanding of ourselves. The incorporation of the body, the mind, and the imagination allows for a deeper level of focus. It often allows us to focus longer. So if you're having trouble staying focused, give this technique a try.
- Adapting your posture and body language
- Breathing exercises
- Arrival practice
- Body scanning
- Loving kindness
- Sound-based exercise
- Keeping your meditation practice going
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Laying the Groundwork for Success with Meditation
2. Three Breaths
Three breaths practice1m 55s
Arrival practice4m 38s
4. Counting Breaths
5. Deep Breathing
7. Body Scan
Body scan practice14m 26s
9. Sound-Based Exercise: Singing Hu
10. Making It Stick
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.