If you're not taking care of yourself, you will not be equipped (emotionally) to take care of others. After watching this video, you'll be able to practice a daily routine of self-care.
- I think one of the things that's really important … for leaders to consider is your own self care. … Because you need to be calm to support others, … and so how are you going to do that? … Trust me I've gone down the rabbit hole on social media … and find myself breathing more shallowly … and getting more stressed. … So a couple things, one is remember social media is designed … to always feed up the next thing to click on, … and so it's very easy to keep reading, … and to the amygdala the part of your brain that fires off … fight, flight, freeze response. … Each news story is more to panic about. … So what I encourage all of us to do, myself included. … Is pick one or two news sources that you really trust. … I think the World Health Organization … and the CDC are go-to sources. … And then limit how often you check in, … I would maybe check in once in the morning … and maybe once in evening and set a timer. … 15 minutes don't let yourself get pulled into it … because what will happen is you will stress yourself out. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Adopting an approach to manage uncertainty
- Identifying resistance to change
- Developing tools for self-care
- Distinguishing fact from fiction
- Building decision-making skills
- Identifying how stress is handled
- Developing methods for communication
- Finding a new rhythm
- Evaluating personal finances
- Gaining new perspectives
Skill Level Intermediate
Lessons in Enlightened Leadershipwith genConnectU56m 50s Intermediate
1. Embracing the Change Around You
2. Understanding What Is Going On
The historical context1m 58s
3. Managing Stress
4. Evaluating the Financial Impact
5. Adjusting Your Approach
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.