There are several ways to practice English in everyday life. This video gives tips on how to use smartphones and common devices to improve language skills.
- When it comes to improving your English skills, … you've probably considered taking a course … or using apps on your smartphone. … I can tell you that these are very good ways … of practicing the language, … and there are some extremely good resources out there. … But they also require dedicated time, … and you might not have it. … Don't worry, there are still ways … to improve your English in everyday life. … Let me ask you, do you have a smartphone or tablet? … Do you use social media? … If at least one answer is yes, then switch the language … of your devices and social media to English. … I know, it will be hard at first. … But give it some time … and you will have learned so many useful words. … My first approach with English was through technology. … In the 1990s, we couldn't choose the language … on the old computers, … so I had to learn some words of English … to be able to play video games. … And you'd be surprised of how many of those words … I still use today. … For example, when I read a slogan …
- Identify some multicultural issues that might arise during lunch or dinner meetings with international colleagues.
- Explain how to handle various language-barrier issues with colleagues.
- Recall ways to simplify your language.
- Summarize the benefits of the chat function for communicating with colleagues.
- Describe ways to communicate effectively with foreign colleagues through email.