In this video, explore establishing policies and procedures.
- Handling employee relations issues are a regular part…of an HR professional's job.…Often, the disconnects that happen between employees…and managers are because expectations set were ambiguous…and not communicated to employees clearly.…Establishing policies provides the organization…with guidance as to how to consistently address…workplace situations and help maintain order.…As a PHR candidate, you are responsible…for promoting fairness and justice in your organization.…
It's expected that you value the uniqueness of all employees…and treat everyone with dignity, respect, and compassion,…assuring that the work environment is inclusive.…With this in mind, policies should be developed…and advocated for only if they foster fairness…and consistent and equitable treatment for all.…HR pros must refrain from seeking preferential treatment…while establishing policies or HR processes.…When developing policies, HR pros should follow five steps.…
They are first to identify the need for a policy,…determine the policy content,…
- Modeling ethical standards
- Managing legal risks
- Finding and interviewing candidates
- Designing training and measuring its effectiveness
- Designing total rewards
- Promoting diversity and inclusion
- Employee engagement strategies
- Managing complaints and grievances
- Implementing workplace programs
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.