In this video, receive guidance on setting up and adhering to a study plan.
- You may be feeling overwhelmed…by all the content you need to know…to be prepared for the PHR exam.…Take a moment and breathe.…With a success mindset, you can achieve anything.…In the words of Nelson Mandela,…it always seems impossible until it's done.…The best way to alleviate any anxiety…is to be sure that you have a plan in place and stick to it.…As you build your study plan, consider these factors.…
The PHR exam is based on HR best practices and labor laws.…If you've spent your career in a single HR discipline,…you may believe that you know it well.…Take practice exams to challenge your assumptions.…The practices and processes your company uses,…while not illegal, may not be aligned to HR best practices.…Next, prepare for the exam based on how you learn,…not based on what others recommend.…For example, if you're an auditory learner,…watch videos, attend a live class…and watch webcasts as a part of your preparation approach.…
If you're a visual learner, read articles…and then reference materials included in this course…
- Determine which of the three organizational structures are most often used with different types of project.
- Explain how HR professionals establish trust with employees.
- Define the concept of “managing up.”
- Recognize the key elements of the Uniform Guidelines of Employee Selection Procedures.
- Summarize the four steps of the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Identify the characteristics of an entitlement compensation philosophy.
- Name another term used to describe a benefits needs assessment.
- List two things required for leaders when they provide feedback during a performance review.
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.