Figuring out how to spend quality time with your kids is important. Explore some tips in this segment.
- If you're working early morning hours … and working when your kids are asleep, … that means you actually have off-time during the day, … so you should plan special breaks with your kids. … Take 'em outside, teach 'em how to fly a kite, … do a scavenger hunt, teach 'em a board game. … Just do special things to spend time with them. … Maybe ya teach grandma how to use Zoom … and get on a video chat so grandma can see your kids. … You want to just do special things for your kids … so that they can be making special memories too, … and not just waiting on you to get done working. … The other thing too is, … if you do special things with your kids, … they'll probably be a little bit more patient … and less obnoxious when you're on a Zoom call … with your boss. … So it's a give and take thing, … but you are a parent and an employee or business owner. … So you've got to figure out how to do both, … your kids are only going to be young once. … So figure out how to spend quality time with them too, …
This course was created by genconnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Setting up a great workspace
- Keeping a routine
- Using video chat
- Scheduling breaks
- Professional video conferencing
- Communicating with etiquette and care
- Staying focused
- Setting boundaries
- Working from home with kids
- Working from home as a manager
Skill Level Beginner
Time Management: Working from Homewith Dave Crenshaw1h 25m Intermediate
Establishing Work from Home Policieswith Mike Gutman28m 3s Intermediate
1. What You Need
Getting the proper equipment2m 45s
2. Starting Your Day and Scheduling
3. Professionalism, Etiquette, and Communication Online
4. Healthy Practices for Staying Focused
5. Working from Home with Kids
6. Working-from-Home Tips for Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.