Discover how the Plan Procurement Management process fits into procurement management. Also, study the outputs of this process so you can make better plans.
- My mantra is, if it's important enough to spend money on, … then it's important enough to plan. … And I can't think of anything too much more important … than planning procurements. … I mean, this is where a lot of money gets spent. … But before we go too far, … do you know what it means to plan procurement management? … The project management body of knowledge, … aka the PMBOK, defines it as, … the process of documenting project procurement decisions, … specifying the approach, and identifying potential sellers. … In other words, when you plan procurement management, … you determine whether to acquire goods and services … from outside the project, and if so, … what you'll need to decide, what to acquire, … how to acquire it, and when to acquire it. … Let's put this into proper context. … Say you're managing a project to build a new railroad … from Washington, D.C., to New York City. … You'll probably want to know … what kind of trains will be running on the tracks, … along with how many people can ride in each train. …
- Describe the procurement manager’s role in the procurement process.
- Explore the essentials of good communication with vendors.
- Examine the steps in a contract change control system.
- Identify risks that might arise in a project.
- Define the purpose of a closeout meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Integrationwith Oliver Yarbrough44m 25s Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore2h 7m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
What to know before watching1m 27s
1. Procurement Management Overview
2. Common Procurement Pitfalls
3. Critical Procurement Success Factors
4. Procurement Management Processes
5. How to Implement Procurements
6. Emerging Trends: Project Procurement Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.