In this video, Kathy relays her personal tenets. Listen in for valuable insights.
- The biggest tool in my toolbox that helps me ignite change is authenticity. So I say what I think and I believe what I say, and people know they can take it to the bank. So if I'm passionate about something, I'm really passionate about something. And if there's something out there that's not quite right, I will politely call that out as well. And so I think it's a big part of it. And the other part of it is I think that people clearly know what my agenda is. And my agenda is to propel all of us forward. And my agenda is all about the interdependence of a team in the greatness of the whole. And I think that's what people are happy to get behind. And my children know kind of the three important tenets that I live by and that were instilled in my family, which is walk with purpose, and they know that they are accountable for their choices, but they also have the power to know that they have those choices, which is pretty exciting. The second one is to surround yourself with people who are different than you are. And that was very important thing in my family because my mother believed that not only was that important to learn, but it was the only way to really enhance your life. And so for her, diversity wasn't an option. It was just a way of life and way of being fulfilled. And the third one which is the hardest one and the one that's hardest for me to do is do onto others. And that means empathy, that means living a life where you treat other people the way that you want to be treated, and so those are the main things that I try to instill in my kids. And it's the main way that I try to live my work life, as well as my personal life.
This course was created by genConnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- The why of advertising
- The importance of mentors and influencers
- Curating your path
- Getting hired
- Finding the right culture
- Comparing agencies of different sizes
- Being creative
- Investing in relationships and partnerships
- Driving decisions with data
- Emphasizing equality
- Giving back to your community
- Balancing your personal life
- Lessons for Millennials