In this video, explore the performance management process and common rater errors.
- Every employee gets a few anxious butterflies…in their stomach when it's time…for the annual performance review.…If your company is progressive,…leadership has listened to your advice as the HR pro…and has provided their staff…with feedback throughout the year at pivotal points,…such as the close of a project…or when a project has achieved a significant milestone.…In either case,…leaders have to ensure consistency and accuracy…when they provide feedback.…
Watch what happens when Kate,…an account executive at Wheeling Auto Supply Distributors,…is reviewed by her manager Johnathan, sales director.…- Hey, Kate,…I really appreciate you getting your self-review in to me.…It's was really helpful for me to be able…to kind of create the performance review here.…And getting it in early, that means a lot, thank you.…- Of course, no problem.…I think this year's been really great.…Well, minus the last couple months, of course.…I mean, this economy is kind of taking its toll…on auto dealerships (laughs).…
- Yeah, it sure has.…
- Determine which of the three organizational structures are most often used with different types of project.
- Explain how HR professionals establish trust with employees.
- Define the concept of “managing up.”
- Recognize the key elements of the Uniform Guidelines of Employee Selection Procedures.
- Summarize the four steps of the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Identify the characteristics of an entitlement compensation philosophy.
- Name another term used to describe a benefits needs assessment.
- List two things required for leaders when they provide feedback during a performance review.
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.