Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Parental controls, part of Up and Running with Apple TV.
- If you have children and you want…to let them use the Apple TV, but you don't want…to monitor everything they do,…or if you're setting up an Apple TV…for use in a public space, you might want…to take a look at the Parental Restrictions.…For that, I'm going to go into Settings,…then to General,…then to Restrictions.…You can see this is turned off by default,…so all of the other options are not currently available.…So first we'll need to turn restrictions on.…
So I'll click on this, and when you do this,…you'll need to set a four-digit passcode.…You won't be able to make any changes…to the Parental Restrictions options…unless you put in this passcode.…So I'm just going to put in something simple here.…You should do something that's a little harder to guess.…So you'll type in that code, and just to confirm,…you'll have to type it in a second time.…And now Parental Restrictions are turned on…and I can make some changes.…So I could change the passcode if I want to.…
If you change the passcode, you have to put in…your current passcode, and then put in…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Mac OS X El Capitan Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi8h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Set Up
2. Getting and Enjoying Content
3. Customizing and Working with Apps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.