In this video, learn what organizational development is and how to leverage it to manage through change.
- I once had a client who saw…their startup as a small family.…Many practices were informal,…and people just understood what each other meant.…Then they went through a period of rapid growth,…and employees seemed to have more…misunderstandings and difficulties.…When I interviewed the CEO, she said,…"I just want us to get along like…"the family we've always been."…This is when I had to break the news to her…that when it comes to growth you have to be deliberate…about how you manage organizational changes.…
This is referred to as organizational development.…Organizational development, or OD,…is a systematic approach to change…that identifies barriers to organizational effectiveness,…and uses structured interventions…to reduce the impact of those barriers.…OD focuses across the entire organization,…including its people, processes, and structures.…Some questions OD practitioners may ask…to analyze a company's current state are:…What will increase the effectiveness…of our people, products, and processes?…How do we measure the OD intervention…
- Determine which of the three organizational structures are most often used with different types of project.
- Explain how HR professionals establish trust with employees.
- Define the concept of “managing up.”
- Recognize the key elements of the Uniform Guidelines of Employee Selection Procedures.
- Summarize the four steps of the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Identify the characteristics of an entitlement compensation philosophy.
- Name another term used to describe a benefits needs assessment.
- List two things required for leaders when they provide feedback during a performance review.
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.