In this video, learn about organizational culture theories.
- Brian Chesky, CEO and co-founder of Airbnb…says that culture is simply a shared way…of doing something with a passion.…This is one of the more succinct definitions…I've come across.…But the real question is,…how is culture shown in organizations?…You experience a company's culture…through observing the way it treats employees,…conducts business, and the extent to which…employees are empowered to make decisions,…and how committed employees are to collaborating…with each other to meet the organization's goals.…
Edgar Schein, a professor at MIT,…created a model of organizational culture…that consists of three levels.…They are artifacts, values, and assumed values.…Artifacts are the parts of the culture…that can be seen, heard, and felt,…such as the company dress code.…Values are the parts of the culture that are articulated…through its mission, vision, and goals.…These are stated and likely communicated…during staff meetings, on the company website,…and in the policy manual.…
However there are also assumed values…
- Determine which of the three organizational structures are most often used with different types of project.
- Explain how HR professionals establish trust with employees.
- Define the concept of “managing up.”
- Recognize the key elements of the Uniform Guidelines of Employee Selection Procedures.
- Summarize the four steps of the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Identify the characteristics of an entitlement compensation philosophy.
- Name another term used to describe a benefits needs assessment.
- List two things required for leaders when they provide feedback during a performance review.
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.