This video shows how to open and work with files that are stored on either OneDrive or a SharePoint document library. See how to open files from the web interface. See how to synchronize OneDrive and SharePoint document libraries to a computer, so you can access files as if they were in a folder on your hard drive.
- [Instructor] Let's look at the different ways…you can open Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents that…are saved on OneDrive or a SharePoint document library.…First let's review some things we set up in the…last few movies.…If I go into file explorer here on Windows…or finder on a Mac, you can see that I have my OneDrive…synchronized with this computer so I can navigate…through the folders here.…I also have a SharePoint document library set up.…I set both of these up using the OneDrive application…and though I've set up one SharePoint document library,…you can set up several at the same time.…
So I can go into one of these locations,…open up one of these folders and find some files…that I have stored.…And any file stored on one of these two places…can be opened the same way you would open…any other file on your hard drive.…So if I were to double click on this Word document,…it would open up in the Word application…on my computer.…So that's one option but if we look at OneDrive…or SharePoint on the web we get even more options.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. This course is intended for end users of Office 365 Business or Enterprise, not Office 365 Home or Student users.
- Understanding the types of Office 365 accounts
- Managing collaborative conversations with Teams
- Working in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Touring the interface in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working with formatting tools
- Co-authoring documents from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Sharing files and co-authoring in Skype for Business