Online meeting etiquette is important to maintaining a professional appearance. Explore some vital tips here.
- If you're going to be doing video conferencing, … you need to know proper video conferencing etiquette. … First and foremost, wear clothes, including pants, … you do not ever want to be in a situation … where something happens and you have to jump up … and people see that you're in your skivvies. … That's not what you want to do. … Make sure you have a professional background. … A bookshelf, a plain background is fine. … You just don't want to background that's distracting. … You want to log on ahead of time, test your speakers, … test your microphone. … If you are leading the video conference, … you want to show up early, … you want to introduce yourself, … and you want to be dressed professionally. … And you always want to make sure … that you introduce yourself, … particularly if it's people on the video conference … that you have never met before, … just like you would do if you met somebody in person. … You also want to make sure that you are looking … at the camera in your computer and not at the screen. …
This course was created by genconnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Setting up a great workspace
- Keeping a routine
- Using video chat
- Scheduling breaks
- Professional video conferencing
- Communicating with etiquette and care
- Staying focused
- Setting boundaries
- Working from home with kids
- Working from home as a manager
Skill Level Beginner
Time Management: Working from Homewith Dave Crenshaw1h 25m Intermediate
Establishing Work from Home Policieswith Mike Gutman28m 3s Intermediate
1. What You Need
Getting the proper equipment2m 45s
2. Starting Your Day and Scheduling
3. Professionalism, Etiquette, and Communication Online
4. Healthy Practices for Staying Focused
5. Working from Home with Kids
6. Working-from-Home Tips for Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.