In this video, explore the onboarding process.
- Reid Hoffman, co-founder and executive chairman…of LinkedIn once said,…"Pay attention to your culture…"and your hires from the very beginning."…This quote captures the essence of why onboarding…is much more than an orientation session…where you complete HR and payroll forms.…Orientation is an event.…Onboarding, on the other hand,…is a process that usually takes place over several months.…Forward thinking organizations have begin…to view onboarding as a part…of an overall socialization process.…
Organizational socialization is defined…by Robert Dubin as the process by which a person learns…the values, norms and required behaviors…that permit them to participate…as a member of the organization.…This process begins before an employee starts working…at a company.…The employer brand kickstarts the socialization process.…It's an employee's first introduction…to who a company is.…In the next phase of the socialization process,…orientation and onboarding activities take place.…
Onboarding is the beginning of an employee acclimating…
- Determine which of the three organizational structures are most often used with different types of project.
- Explain how HR professionals establish trust with employees.
- Define the concept of “managing up.”
- Recognize the key elements of the Uniform Guidelines of Employee Selection Procedures.
- Summarize the four steps of the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Identify the characteristics of an entitlement compensation philosophy.
- Name another term used to describe a benefits needs assessment.
- List two things required for leaders when they provide feedback during a performance review.
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.