Explore strategies and additional resources for gaining buy-in and shifting your company’s culture.
- So, there we have it gang, in essence … coaching is about generating growth, results … and opportunity. … At it's best, coaching also creates an environment … where positive behavioral changes lead to improvement … in team and organizational results. … And here's what's curious. … Despite the fact that coaching is in wide use … across the corporate landscape, it's often viewed as … a remedial tool to correct poor performance … but good coaching is about … creating a high performance culture … not managing a low performance one. … So let's say you leave this course … committed to implementing a coaching program. … You're intent on sharing your experience and results … with leadership in the hopes of generating wider adoption. … Now that's fantastic. … A natural aptitude goes a long way … but I encourage you to take this further. … Coaching is a management skill that requires … devoted energy to improve. … So consider enrolling in a formal … coaching training program. … Training and certification will give you depth …
- Recall methods for probing deeper in conversations with employees.
- Determine which aspect of a challenge to avoid when determining the challenge an employee can undertake.
- Recognize questions that generate the greatest number of ideas during a brainstorming session.
- Explain the advantage of using focused feedback with an employee.
- Identify the potential benefits of listening and using open-ended questions with an employee who is unhappy with her or her job.