In this video, get a summary of the course content and learn where to go for additional resources. Learn how to plan for the future of your workplace, including how training needs to change and how future complaints will be handled.
- I hope I got you thinking about harassment differently. … Really, I just want you to remember it's a human issue, … not a compliance issue, … and that means prevention measures have to be about empathy, … bystanders, culture, inclusion, and speaking up … when incivility and microaggressions occur. … For additional information on harassment, bullying, … and positive work environments, … check out my other courses in the library. … I hope you'll connect with me on LinkedIn, … and if you visit my website at civilitypartners.com, … be sure to sign up for my e-newsletter. … I send out a lot of tips, checklists, videos, and job aids … around building a positive work environment. … I've also written a few books, … one called "Back Off! Your Guide to Ending Bullying at Work" … and the other called "Seeking Civility: How Leaders, … Managers & HR Can Create a Workplace Free of Bullying." … I've got a third book … that's really a collection of survival stories from people … who have been bullied and harassed at work. …
- Explain why you should always think of sexual harassment in terms of power.
- Recognize how to justify discipline without abusing the rights of the person you are disciplining.
- Recall how to address the values of your workplace culture without challenging or creating negativity.
- Identify the benefits of paying attention to the body language of coworkers.
- Name the default position companies should take on managers dating subordinates.