Learn where to go from here on your quest to master PowerPoint and animation. Author Heather Ackmann shares some of her favorite forums, books, and websites, as well as other LinkedIn Learning courses.
- [Narrator] We've certainly covered a lot of different…animation techniques in this course,…but you know what, there are a ton more.…That is the fun part about animating with PowerPoint.…The tool is only as limited as our imaginations, really.…If you would like to continue learning what PowerPoint…can do, I suggest you check out my other course…PowerPoint for Office 365: Animations in Depth,…to see what other newer features…add to everything you've seen so far.…Specifically, check out the video on Morph.…
Also, be sure to check out some of the animations…created by the PowerPoint Expert Club.…You can download and view many of those…award winning presentations at pptheaven.mvps….org.…If you are working on an animation or PowerPoint…file and get stuck along the way,…a great place to go for help is the Microsoft…community forums at answers.microsoft.com.…The PowerPoint forum is filled with both…Microsoft help staff, PowerPoint MVP's like me,…other experts, and Power users.…
I am on there a lot answering and…occasionally asking questions.…
Heather begins with a primer on PowerPoint animation, helping you understand when—and when not—to incorporate animations into a presentation. She then goes into the building blocks of animating in PowerPoint: layering objects, working with background images, animating text, playing with lighting effects, and zooming with style. She shows how to animate with transitions, and walks viewers through the creation of three sample projects: a spinning globe animation, an animated timeline, and a flip-book. Heather wraps up by showing you how to put the finishing touches on a presentation by animating to music, automating playback, and exporting your PowerPoint file as a video.
- Determining when to use animation
- Creating and formatting shapes
- Applying motion paths
- Adjusting the z-order
- Adding and formatting x-ray shapes
- Animating by word
- Animating and arranging layers
- Animating with transitions
- Timing animations to music
- Exporting as a video
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerPoint 2016: Audio and Video In Depthwith Garrick Chow2h 12m Intermediate
1. Understand PowerPoint Animation
2. Layer Objects for Animation
3. X-Ray Vision with Background Images
4. Kinetic Typography
5. Make Text Shine
6. Expert Zooming
Zoom with style7m 20s
7. Animate with Transitions
8. Create a Timeline
9. Use Flip-Book Animations
10. Put It All Together
Next steps2m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.