Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Developing Executive Presence.
- The opposite of being present, is to be absent. … To be not there. … Lacking presence in work situations can seem like that. … As if you're absent, invisible, unheard, … not having your impact felt. … Instead, to have presence, is to be fully present. … Wholly engaged. … Passion, perspective, poise, projection. … If I had to say it another way you can remember, … anytime, anywhere, also in only four words, I'd say this: … Be fully present, persistently. … Let me illustrate with someone in my research … who receives extremely high executive presence ratings … from diverse groups of people. … It's someone I had the privilege … of meeting briefly in person … before he passed away years ago. … It's John Wooden, who has the the greatest track record … of success by far in the history of US College basketball. … As head coach of UCLA, he won 10 National Championships … in 12 years and seven consecutive titles. … Feats no one has come near to matching. … In a US culture where winning is emphasized so often, …
- Inner and outer factors for executive presence
- How to think about yourself and others
- Being emotionally proactive
- Getting things done
- Action patterns of leaders with executive presence