Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Agile at Work: Planning with Agile User Stories.
- I hope you enjoyed this course … on Agile estimation and planning. … Agile planning is just one of those things … that your team will get better with over time. … So don't be frustrated if your Agile stories … are much less than perfect in your first sprint. … Fortunately, there are many resources … for Agile users' stories. … One of the strongest advocates … for user stories is Mike Cohn. … He's written a few books, one of which is dedicated … to Agile user stories. … This book would be particularly helpful … for the scrum master or product owner on a new Agile team. … This course also has a companion book. … The book's title is "Leading Agile Teams." … It expands on these ideas and adds some details … that wouldn't fit into the course. … I provided a sample chapter to all Lynda.com subscribers … as a downloadable exercise file. … You can find the complete book at most online bookstores. … Feel free to use the sample chapter … to go back and review the material. … It would also be a good reference for your Agile team. …
- Explain how a sprint differs from a traditional project.
- Name three user roles.
- Define the acronym INVEST and explain its purpose.
- List three main sections of a project charter.
- Identify the benefits of planning poker.
- Recall the challenges associated with the sprint backlog.