- How employers determine salaries
- Writing your negotiation story
- Reviewing the offer
- Holding the conversation
- How conversations may differ in an international context
- Understanding equity compensation
- Leaving an old job on good terms
Skill Level Intermediate
- Let's face it. Many people are afraid to negotiate their salary. But where do these fears come from? Many fears come from not knowing what to expect and not knowing what to ask. During this course, I'll guide you through resources and considerations to face your fears in negotiation. We'll discuss prepping before the negotiation and take you through to starting your new position. My name is Valerie Sutton and what interests me is how a person progresses throughout their career. My work and research focuses, not only, on career decisions, but also how to manage the process throughout a person's career.
So your next step is to understand your fears in the negotiation process, develop an effective strategy to overcome them and ask for the salary you deserve. Remember that when you're asking for a better compensation package, you're advocating for yourself.