- Explain how to avoid being undermined.
- Define passive-aggressive behaviors.
- Describe what resource hoarding is and why people do it.
- Identify the risks associated with working with someone who is jockeying for position.
- Explain how to avoid being set up to fail.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Every organization suffers from some level of political intrigue. Whether it's hoarding of resources, manipulative tactics, or passive aggressive behavior office politics distract your organization from getting things done. It also makes time at the office stressful and discouraging. Ignoring these dynamics can create risk for you, but you can take a productive approach to dealing with common political issues. I'm Mike Figliuolo, Managing Director at thoughtLEADERS. I've worked in and consulted for highly political organizations. I've also served as an executive coach for many leaders who deal with office politics every day. From those experiences, I've learned effective techniques for mitigating office politics, especially at the senior level. In this course, I'll cover common political behaviors people demonstrate. I'll offer suggestions on how to deal with these behaviors in a productive way. Let's see what political dynamics you might be dealing with and how you can navigate those challenging situations.