- Compare and contrast awkward and unacceptable situations at work
- Identify what to do when you beat a peer for a promotion
- Explain how to respond when someone else takes credit for your work
- Articulate how to handle a disrespectful boss
- Describe how to handle office gossip and colleagues who overshare
- Navigate generation gaps
Skill Level Beginner
- If you're going to have a job for any length of time, you're going to face some awkward moments. Like someone else taking credit for your work, or dealing with a boss who's in the middle of a breakup. - You know, how you handle those moments impacts your reputation as an employee, a leader, and a colleague. I'm Lisa McLeod. - And I'm Elizabeth McLeod. We run a consulting firm and we've been in and out of over a hundred organizations, and believe me, we have seen some really awkward moments.
- Oh, really awkward. So we've put together a course on the most common awkward office situations, and we'll teach you how to handle these as gracefully and painlessly as possible. - Join us on LinkedIn Learning to see how to work through some of those awkward moments, and make the world of work a little less cringeworthy.