Providing opportunities for others is a vital part of team building. Learn about mentorship in this video.
- I think my legacy to the agency is going to be the combination of high standards and great work and empathy and seeing whole people. And I think I'm a fierce warrior for the advancement of smart, caring, driven learners. And the assistance to move those people forward and help them take over the world. Loyalty's a great thing, and it can be a bad thing. It's a great thing when it's earned and it's voluntary, and people are with you because they believe in you. And I'm lucky enough to have a team around me that believes in me as much as I believe in them. And I think a part of that is that I never leave a man behind, so if we're in a new business pitch and they're working on changing the deck and it's 2:00 in the morning and everyone else has gone to bed and the new business team is still there, I'm there with them until they tell me that I have to leave. I never ask anybody to do anything that I wouldn't do myself, and I make sure that I'm the net on the high wire. I like to put people on the high wire, a little over their skis, something that they're aspiring to, not sure that they can do and put them up there, put the spotlight on them, but I'm always the net underneath in case there's a misstep that I can just kind of help them back up.
This course was created by genConnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- The why of advertising
- The importance of mentors and influencers
- Curating your path
- Getting hired
- Finding the right culture
- Comparing agencies of different sizes
- Being creative
- Investing in relationships and partnerships
- Driving decisions with data
- Emphasizing equality
- Giving back to your community
- Balancing your personal life
- Lessons for Millennials