Get career advice for the mid-career professional. Learn how to plan the next move, make a change, and accomplish your goals.
- As a mid-career professional, you may be feeling discouraged in your career. Maybe you're thinking, this is not where you'd imagine you'd be at this point in life. So if this is the case, how do you avoid the mid-life crisis and pivot for success? This course is structured to help people identify what next steps they can take to achieve their idea of success. I'll help you discover options for mid-career moves, and steps to develop your plan to accomplish your goals. My name is Valerie Sutton, and what interests me is how a person progresses throughout their career.
My work focuses, not only on career decisions, but how to manage the process throughout a person's career. Your next step is to understand your idea of success, how this relates to your career, and develop your plan to succeed. You can't wait for someone to manage your career, you need to manage it.
- Name the norms that are used to define success.
- Cite the importance of exploring new work roles mid-career.
- Define a parallel career.
- Summarize the salary considerations you should take into account when changing careers.
- Identify the factors that can lead to a promotion.
- Explain how to play to your strengths.