Learn that month 2 is all about settling in and starting to act on the mini goals you have set for yourself.
- So awesome news, you've been with a company now…for over a month and you've gotten insight into the basics,…how to order stationary, who rules the roost in the team,…what your customer persona looks like…and what your function is within the bigger picture.…So month two is about starting to implement…what you said you were gonna do at the start.…So you're still learning but it's expected now…that you're gonna do so at a slightly quicker rate.…Your boss obviously has given you some activities…to carry out but this is the month…where your performance really goes up a notch.…
So a key point here…and lots of influencers say this within careers…is now it's time to really identify…how you can make your boss look good.…Now, I am not suggesting that you suck up to anybody.…I'm not into that at all, far from it,…but what I am suggesting…is that your output needs to complement theirs…so everything that you do should be aligned…with their activity.…Now, as a manager, I love it when employees come up to me…and say, now I want to talk to you about areas…
- Explain how to establish touch points with new colleagues.
- Recognize common mistakes you could make in your first 90 days.
- Name the steps you should take during the first 30 days of a new management job.
- Recall what you should implement during the second month of a management job.
- List the steps to take if you find that your new job is not turning out like you hoped it would.