Month 1 is all about absorbing and learning. Walk through a series of tasks and challenges to get you ready to ask the right questions.
- So let's start with month one, your absorb month.…Now this is most probably the important part…of the first 90 days,…because this is the part where you really listen,…this is the part where you hear,…this is the part where you learn.…You're gonna learn about the customs, the cultures,…you're gonna learn where the printer is,…where the good coffee machine is,…who the key influencers are.…And you're also gonna find out…what the main performance metrics are,…that's really, really important.…In other words, this is the month where you need to absorb.…Now when getting ready to tackle this first month…I want you to keep in mind this quote,…one of my favorite quotes of all time…by a guy that I admire a lot called Simon Sinek.…
People don't buy what you do,…they buy why you do what you do.…Now this quote that I love so much is so important…and it should guide you on how to interact…and work with others.…It'll also help you pitch yourself…when you're talking to them.…Now you may have just come in as the new marketing manager…
- Explain how to establish touch points with new colleagues.
- Recognize common mistakes you could make in your first 90 days.
- Name the steps you should take during the first 30 days of a new management job.
- Recall what you should implement during the second month of a management job.
- List the steps to take if you find that your new job is not turning out like you hoped it would.