In this video, explore HR's role in modeling ethical behavior.
- I came across this saying once…that said, "Hire for character.…"Train for skill."…The saying implies that integrity cannot be taught,…yet business ethics involve complex dilemmas…that even the most conscientious HR pro…will find challenging.…You're rarely faced with the simple decision…of choosing between right and wrong…or legal or not legal.…Usually, the best outcome you can expect…is to make a decision that does the least harm…to the fewest people,…but still there are no clear winners or losers.…
Watch as Maria and Michelle try to figure out…what the right thing to do is in this situation.…- (laughs) Michelle, how long has it been?…- It's been a long time.…Yeah, you know how it gets.…- I do, I've been very busy myself.…And with that in mind, why don't we jump in right now?…- Sure, sure.…So, as you know, the demand for Nebutrol has skyrocketed.…It's pretty crazy.…Pete's been putting a lot of pressure on my department…to find substitute ingredients for the formula.…
But, honestly, a generic version of the drug,…
- Determine which of the three organizational structures are most often used with different types of project.
- Explain how HR professionals establish trust with employees.
- Define the concept of “managing up.”
- Recognize the key elements of the Uniform Guidelines of Employee Selection Procedures.
- Summarize the four steps of the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Identify the characteristics of an entitlement compensation philosophy.
- Name another term used to describe a benefits needs assessment.
- List two things required for leaders when they provide feedback during a performance review.
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.