Get a few pointers on how to act and what to avoid doing in the first place.
- Now I'm gonna talk about mistakes to avoid,…I don't wanna focus too much on this,…'cause I wanna keep this really positive,…but it is definitely worth you being aware…of these things.…So mistakes to avoid, people can sometimes,…when they join a business fail to embrace the culture,…and that comes from a failure to make people…feel seen, heard, and valued.…So take the time to talk to people,…be interested in them, find out what they do every day,…how you can add value, and just get stuck in with people,…that will really, really help.…
Another one is a failure to let go of underperforming staff,…so you might be going in as a team leader,…or a manager, and you might think initially,…you don't wanna upset people,…but as a manager, yes, you have to look after…high performing people, but also identify the people…that are struggling, yeah maybe help them get…a little bit better, or sometimes unfortunately…let them go.…A failure to change what's broken,…and this goes back to not wanting to upset the team…that's already in place…
- Explain how to establish touch points with new colleagues.
- Recognize common mistakes you could make in your first 90 days.
- Name the steps you should take during the first 30 days of a new management job.
- Recall what you should implement during the second month of a management job.
- List the steps to take if you find that your new job is not turning out like you hoped it would.