Children tend not to respect schedules, but it's important to set boundaries. Learn about some tips for balancing work and home life here.
- When you're working at home with your kids, … you want to use visual cues with them … to minimize interruptions. … If you're in your home office with the door shut, … with your noise-canceling ear buds in, … that should signal to them that you're working … and you're not to be disturbed. … If you have children that are a little bit younger, … you might even want to invest in a little stop sign … and hang it on your door so that they know … that you're on a live video call or a conference call … and are not to be disturbed. … Sometimes little children, … if you just show 'em the stop sign, … they know what that means, they leave you alone. … You definitely want to communicate to them … in advance what it means. … A door shut is also should mean something to them. … But if you're a parent like me, … I'm sure you've seen many a closed door … get busted wide open, … especially when you're sittin' on the toilet. … But anyhow, what I want you to do, … it's just make sure that you have a work area …
This course was created by genconnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Setting up a great workspace
- Keeping a routine
- Using video chat
- Scheduling breaks
- Professional video conferencing
- Communicating with etiquette and care
- Staying focused
- Setting boundaries
- Working from home with kids
- Working from home as a manager
Skill Level Beginner
Time Management: Working from Homewith Dave Crenshaw1h 25m Intermediate
Establishing Work from Home Policieswith Mike Gutman28m 3s Intermediate
1. What You Need
Getting the proper equipment2m 45s
2. Starting Your Day and Scheduling
3. Professionalism, Etiquette, and Communication Online
4. Healthy Practices for Staying Focused
5. Working from Home with Kids
6. Working-from-Home Tips for Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.