LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. This course is intended for end users of Office 365 Business or Enterprise, not Office 365 Home or Student users.
- Understanding the types of Office 365 accounts
- Managing collaborative conversations with Teams
- Working in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Touring the interface in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working with formatting tools
- Co-authoring documents from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Sharing files and co-authoring in Skype for Business
Skill Level Advanced
- [Nick] Welcome to this course on migrating from Google Apps to Office 365 for business and enterprise users. I'm Nick Brazzi. This course is not for Office 365 home or student users. This is for people who will be switching to an Office 365 deployment that is managed by their employer or similar organization. I'll start by comparing the Google Apps interface to Office 365. Then clarifying some of the core features in Office 365, like Sharepoint and Office 365 Groups.
We'll talk about how to convert documents that were created in Google Apps so they can be opened in Word, Excel, or Powerpoint. Then I will introduce the interface for these Office productivity applications focusing on the ribbon interface and the tools for creating and saving files. Next, I will dig into the cloud based storage options in Office 365, which also allow you to share files and edit files collaboratively at the same time with your teammates. And we'll finish up with communication tools.
We'll see how to get Outlook set up. We'll look at some special options for sending email messages and creating shared calendars within the collaborative Office 365 environment. And we will also do a quick introduction of Skype for business, which you can use for instant messages, audio, and video calls. So if you are switching from Google Apps to Office 365 in a business or enterprise environment, this course will help you make the transition.