Learn how measurement system analysis (MSA) is used for ensuring that the data to be collected and used is valid.
- If I was on a weight loss program,…I want to know that I can trust my weight and measurements,…regardless of whether I weigh myself at home…or in the gym or by officials at the Olympic Village.…In other words, the measurement system must be valid.…The measurement system includes the entire system,…including the measurement instrument,…the operator, and the procedures used for…collecting, measuring, and recording data.…In Lean Six Sigma projects this is done using a technique…called measurement system analysis, or MSA for short.…
MSA is done early during the measure phase…so that any data to be collected…or any measurement used is valid.…Measurement system analysis, or MSA,…was introduced in the Six Sigma Foundations course.…If you have not seen it or if you would like a refresher,…please go to that course to review the video on MSA.…If you recall, MSA evaluates repeatability…and reproducibility of measurement systems.…
Repeatability measures the ability of the…measurement system to be consistent…when the same item is measured repeatedly…
- Explain how Lean Six Sigma can be characterized.
- Name examples of the Critical-to-Quality (CTQ) requirement.
- Recognize an alternate term for a swimlane process map.
- Explain the concept of repeatability.
- Recall what happens as variation increases.
- Relate how to compare variation in process performance.
- Identify what Cp is.