Everyone communicates differently, and it's important you tailor your message to the styles of each individual. In this video, learn how to match your communication style with those who are receiving your message.
- So in this time of uncertainty you might be feeling … that you could possibly be adding to someone else's anxiety … even just by wondering how you're asking them questions … or interacting with them, … trying to figure out how they're processing things. … And what we found over the years … is that most people appreciate even being asked … how they would like to be talked to … if it seems like they're experiencing … a lot of anxiety or depression. … A lot of people in times like this … have other stresses in their life, … it's not just the stress of, or the most present stress, … it's also that someone in their family is sick, … or maybe there's an illness in their household, … or a terminal disease or something like that. … And so they have other stressors in mind … and it can be good to ask, … "Is this something that you want to talk about?" … Or it might be good to ask, … "Would you prefer to focus on work right now, … "or would it be helpful to talk about what's going on?" … And you'll find that most people will answer you, …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Adopting an approach to manage uncertainty
- Identifying resistance to change
- Developing tools for self-care
- Distinguishing fact from fiction
- Building decision-making skills
- Identifying how stress is handled
- Developing methods for communication
- Finding a new rhythm
- Evaluating personal finances
- Gaining new perspectives
Skill Level Intermediate
Lessons in Enlightened Leadershipwith genConnectU56m 50s Intermediate
1. Embracing the Change Around You
2. Understanding What Is Going On
The historical context1m 58s
3. Managing Stress
4. Evaluating the Financial Impact
5. Adjusting Your Approach
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.