Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing storage space, part of Up and Running with Apple TV.
- On the third generation Apple TV,…and all of the previous versions as well,…you did not have to worry about storage space…because nothing is being stored locally on those devices.…But the fourth generation Apple TV has built-in storage,…primarily for storing the apps that you install.…There are two versions of the fourth generation Apple TV.…One with 32 gigabytes of storage, and one with 64 gigabytes.…So you might be wondering how you can keep track…of how much space each app takes up…and how to remove apps when your storage space fills up.…
So I'll show you the tools that you have,…but I also want to talk about why you may never…need to worry about storage space on your Apple TV at all.…Since we're starting here on the home screen,…I want to start by showing you how to delete an app here.…So, let me just scroll through my apps…and I'll just pick one out.…And to delete something here on the home screen,…you just click down and hold on the touch-pad…until that app starts shaking.…Then you can press the Play/Pause button…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.