In this video, examine how to navigate potential legal land mines.
- Even the most seasoned HR pros recoil…if they see their name mentioned in a lawsuit.…Unfortunately, this can happen.…Often it's just a mention by the former employee…that they spoke with HR or that HR issued a written warning,…which is a normal part of the job.…So how do you avoid being engaged in a lawsuit?…Well, you can't, but you can recommend…and implement best practices that will help your company…either prevent or effectively manage litigation.…
Legal risks run the gamut.…A risk is any uncertainty you may have about an outcome.…A legal risk in business is the potential…for financial loss, or loss of reputation…due to breaking a law or not complying with a regulation.…Your company can be exposed to the risk of a lawsuit…because an employee gets hurt…by a gun fired accidentally at work in an open carry state.…A legal risk can even take place…during the recruiting process.…For example, a legal risk is created…if an employer finds out a candidate's sexual orientation…and then decides not to hire them based on that fact.…
- Determine which of the three organizational structures are most often used with different types of project.
- Explain how HR professionals establish trust with employees.
- Define the concept of “managing up.”
- Recognize the key elements of the Uniform Guidelines of Employee Selection Procedures.
- Summarize the four steps of the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Identify the characteristics of an entitlement compensation philosophy.
- Name another term used to describe a benefits needs assessment.
- List two things required for leaders when they provide feedback during a performance review.
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.