- Effective supplier and customer communication steps
- Bridging time zones and language gaps
- Finding similarities with global team players
- Emailing and texting in global situations
- How power distance affects decisions
- Proper communication via drawings and specifications
Skill Level Intermediate
- Things can get quite messy when people that need to get a task done are sitting in a different time zone. They might understand differently how a task needs to be done, because they don't speak your language or see things through your cultural filter. How would you address the problems that globalization has introduced into your projects? Would you just get the best software to collaborate and communicate? Technology is not enough. Humans are on the front lines making things happen.
Hi, I'm Sam Yankelevitch. I'm a corporate trainer and author, focused on aligning global teams to improve their results. After participating in numerous international projects, big and small, I'd like to share with you skills based on lessons learned to help you avoid costly mistakes related to people issues. So please join me for this course where you'll gain critical knowledge on how to improve collaboration, communication and cultural awareness, that will take you and your global team to a higher level of success.
So let's embark on a journey where we explore how to improve our effectiveness around the globe.