In this video, learn how to evaluate how you use, or waste, time by keeping a written record for one week. Adjust your time budget by allocating the bulk of the working day to make forward progress on your career plan.
- Time is a scare resource … that all of us need to learn to manage. … Prioritizing your time and using it efficiently … are essential if you're going to successfully complete … the projects that will lay the foundation … for the career success you're after. … An excellent way to become aware of how you use … or waste your time, is to keep a written journal … for just one week, noting in half-hour increments … exactly how you spend that time. … This time budget will give you a clear picture … of your routine, after which you can make … the necessary adjustments so you can increase efficiencies. … In a way, you become your own efficiency expert. … With your career goals in mind, … you can now determine how to best use your time … in order to accomplish those goals. … As you adjust your time budget, … allocate the bulk of your working day … to the things that maintain forward progress. … If it doesn't advance your career, … devote less time to it, … and avoid any behaviors or bad habits …
- Understanding the 21st-century workplace
- Identifying your monetizable passion
- Knowing how to interview well
- Managing your search for work
- Negotiating salary
- Becoming a lifelong learner