In this video, learn about how to construct and maintain a network by using a granular database. A granular database allows you to track and deepen relationships with people who can hire or refer you for work.
- The foundation of all your networking … is what I call the granular database. … You've heard the expression, "It's not what you know, … "but who you know." … I take it one step further. … "It's not who you know, but how well you know them … "and how often you appear on their radar." … The granular database, the home to detailed profiles … of everyone you know, allows you to track … and deepen relationships with the people … who can hire or refer you for work. … It needs to be portable and electronic. … Yours will probably live in your smartphone … so you can always have access to it. … And you may not even need a special app to do this. … A granular database includes this and email addresses … and relevant websites, places they've lived and work, … job titles, names of their significant others, … children and pets, important dates like birthdays … and anniversaries, hobbies and interests, … and personality traits and quirks, … sweet spots I like to call them, … like, "concerned about global warming," …
- Understanding the 21st-century workplace
- Identifying your monetizable passion
- Knowing how to interview well
- Managing your search for work
- Negotiating salary
- Becoming a lifelong learner