Join Henna Inam for an in-depth discussion in this video Manage your emotional triggers, part of Mindfulness Practices.
- Let me share the story of an Executive Coaching client. … Let's call her Sally. … Sally works in finance, … and is considered a high-potential employee. … She's brilliant at what she does, … and was actually recently promoted into a stretch role. … Yet, she was given a low performance rating … in managing her emotions. … In certain situations, … people around her felt bullied and disrespected. … Of course, Sally was surprised when she got this feedback. … She had no idea about her stress-related impact on others. … So she decided to work with me … to improve her emotional intelligence. … As we worked together, … She started observing herself during the work day. … She noticed certain situations … when she would get emotionally triggered, … and her body language, and tone of voice, … reflected her impatience with others. … With practice, she became aware of what triggered her. … She was able to notice the thoughts that caused her … to be impatient. … So she could catch herself right before she acted …
- Releasing stress
- Improving focus and creativity
- Finding meaning
- Cultivating joy
- Collaborating with difficult people
- Preparing for challenging conversations
- Being resilient after failure
- Facing fear
- Successfully handling change and crisis
Skill Level Beginner
Managing Depression in the Workplacewith Srini Pillay1h 3m Intermediate
Managing Stress for Positive Changewith Heidi Hanna57m 59s Intermediate
1. Lead Yourself
2. Lead Others
3. Lead in Challenging Times
Stay with your practice1m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.