The fifth step in a supply chain agenda is to manage projects effectively. Supply chains are constantly changing and priorities can shift quickly. You may need a project management office or a center of excellence that can help cross-functional teams plan and execute projects effectively. The DIRECT project leadership framework can be useful for these teams to use.
- The way that we make changes and improvements…to a supply chain is through projects…and that's why being good at leading and managing projects…is the fifth step in implementing…a supply chain management agenda.…So let's look at some of the things you can do…to ensure that your team can manage projects effectively.…There are lots of different…project management frameworks out there.…The Project Management Institute…has built a Project Management Body of Knowledge…which most people call the PMBOK.…
One of the great things about the PMBOK…is that it provides a common set of rules…and a common language for managing projects.…And there are several professional certifications…built around the PMBOK including…the Project Management Professional Certification or PMP.…If you're going to be implementing several projects…with several different project managers,…then you may wanna create a Project Management Office…or a Project Management Center of Excellence.…
Your PMO or PMCOE should be staffed with professionals…who can help supply chain teams…
- Explore the fundamentals of source inputs within a supply chain.
- Examine the role of returning products in a supply chain.
- Determine how to calculate total costs.
- Explore the role of investing in flexibility when managing a supply chain.
- Discover how to increase visibility with a control tower.
- Identify the role innovation plays in supply chain management.
- Examine how artificial intelligence and machine learning help to monitor supply chain trends.
- Break down the fundamentals of selecting the right technology when implementing a supply chain agenda.
- Determine the best ways to collaborate externally when implementing a supply chain agenda.