Learn about how to make the most out of every meeting by handling them properly and making them productive.
- What do you think of when I say the word meetings? … Most people don't have a very positive emotional reaction … that that phrase, and with good reason. … Meetings are often wasted time. … Now, I do teach a full course … on leading productive meetings, … but in this video I want to share with you a few tips … from the standpoint of an attendee. … How can you get the most … out of the meetings that you attend? … First, I recommend that you listen. … Focus fully on other people while they are speaking. … Do not multitask. … It's a temptation to try to do other things, … but you want to demonstrate respect for other people … so that they'll demonstrate respect for you. … Also, it helps you avoid having to retrace your steps … in case someone asks you a question … and you weren't paying attention. … Number two, I recommend that you focus … on taking action, not notes. … Now, many people write down copious notes during a meeting, … and they feel like they're going … to review all of those notes later. …
- Identify the end goal of a one-on-one meeting.
- Explain how to follow up after delegating a task to a team member.
- Recall one question you can ask to reduce unnecessary meetings.
- Identify the best way to approach a situation where a coworker is disorganized and struggles with time management.
- Give an example of advice you could offer a new manager concerning time management.