Learn how to increase your influence and visibility in your organization.
- Despite our best intentions, many of our influence attempts fail before we really begin. Odds are, you had good intentions. You had facts to support your point of view. Maybe you even set deadlines, or offered rewards, or warned of penalties. You tried your best, but they didn't budge. Thanks to a tremendous amount of social science research from around the world in recent decades, we know a lot about what works and what doesn't when it comes to influencing others in work and life. This course is about how to make it work, even when it's challenging, especially when it's challenging. That's what I want to share with you in this course, a full range of steps and methods, proven to help you be more successful influencing others and getting better outcomes.
- Name a feeling that might inhibit you from inspiration-based influence.
- Explain how to most appropriately balance short-term and long-term results.
- Assess why “pains and gains” is a powerful motivator.
- List the steps of the advice influence technique.
- Identify the first thing you do when using social proof.