In this video, Dan discusses the new language of business, including the impact and exposure of generations in a global workplace.
- Have you ever had to help someone…from outside your country that was struggling…to learn your language?…The biggest problem often isn't the formal…part of the language, but rather the idioms,…colloquialisms, and slang that every culture has.…I know how frustrating it can be on the learning side.…You frequently feel like you're missing out on something…or being misunderstood.…While this can be a problem when working internationally…with clients and partners,…which we cover in a different video in this course,…there's also a growing problem internally…that will only get worse.…
As more generations are working together in companies,…getting lost in translation can occur…within the same spoken language.…There are two areas to concern yourself with,…the first is industry gibberish…and the second is generational gaps.…Industry gibberish, also called jargon,…is common in all fields.…In the insurance world, we use countless acronyms,…nicknames, and even made-up words.…The problem is that when it's transferred to people outside,…
- Recall the detrimental effects a BOT attack can have on a company’s customer database.
- Recognize which individuals companies frequently fail to include in mid-crisis actions.
- Determine how Google Alerts can help a company protect itself against threats.
- Identify a threat that is least likely to cause a company financial harm.
- Define “culture shock” in the context of business operations.
- Name a type of leader that often uses their position for personal prestige rather than performing their roles.
- Predict what will happen with business insurance as technology evolves.