Add contact information to the workflows history list to aid in troubleshooting.
- [Instructor] You know how when you go…into the workflow screen of any one of these list items…you can see when you go into the status…who initiated it, right?…But it doesn't actually click…to any kind of contact information.…So, if you have a question about it,…or you're trying to troubleshoot it,…you have to go to your email, you have to look them up,…the whole thing.…So, what if I told you that I had a solution for this?…I think you'd be interested.…
Let me show you what I've done.…Go back out to the list…and create a new workflow.…You're going to use the Log to History List.…Double click on it to configure…and we're going to do an Advanced Lookup.…It's a Workflow Context…and we're going to go get the Initiator.…
Oh, and then watch this.…Click on the FX button.…What?…Email address, click OK, click Insert, click Save.…Oh, actually, you know what?…Let's even add some text in front of it.…Initiator email.…There we go, that'll make it look all nice and clean.…And hit Save, Publish.…
Name Initiated email,…I'll go ahead and just start it manually,…
- Automating a workflow for manager approval
- Adding conditional branches to workflows
- Using variables and calculated dates
- Bringing external data into a workflow
- Reusing and moving workflows
- Creating and customizing a form
- Assigning field validation rules
- Using Nintex Forms
- Optimizing for mobile viewing
- Troubleshooting a suspended workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Create an Approval Workflow
2. Add More Workflow Actions
3. Use Nintex Forms Designer
4. Monitor Your Workflows
Log to history list5m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.