In this video, review how to manage the exit process.
- All of us have likely had those moments in our career…where we really despised our jobs,…but we hung in there because we needed the money.…Eventually we leave those jobs…for ones that satisfy more of our key drivers.…HR Pros are tasked with understanding…with people leave voluntarily,…and determining when an involuntary departure…is the best decision for the business.…Voluntary terminations usually lead to an exit interview.…An exit interview is a discussion with an employee…who has decided to leave the organization…to determine why they made this decision.…
This is an important step in the employee lifecycle…because the interview data can help HR Pros…solve other organizational problems.…For example if the employee came from a department…where many people have left, citing micromanagement…as their biggest issue,…then that manager may need leadership coaching and training.…Or, say the employee indicates…that they are working 60 hours a week consistently,…which is impacting their personal relationships.…This may be an indication to HR that the workload…
- Determine which of the three organizational structures are most often used with different types of project.
- Explain how HR professionals establish trust with employees.
- Define the concept of “managing up.”
- Recognize the key elements of the Uniform Guidelines of Employee Selection Procedures.
- Summarize the four steps of the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Identify the characteristics of an entitlement compensation philosophy.
- Name another term used to describe a benefits needs assessment.
- List two things required for leaders when they provide feedback during a performance review.
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.